Saturday, February 16, 2008

Anti-MBA

There is this madaldal na girlaloo in our neighborhood. She gave me a nice thought...that I should take an MBA.

When I was taking my undergraduate business course, an MBA sounded very elite. I know a few MBA studes and profs in UPCBA, and they look and sound, hmm, very business-like, and I admired that. I took a business course in college because 1) I am very interested in the world of business and how it works (Business was all a blur to me so I was very eager to learn it) and 2) I thought it was a 'basic' course - that all courses - or should I say careers - will one way or another lead to business at some other point (gets?). And so I said to myself not to waste time and take the basic course now and then just learn all the other stuff I want to learn (like film and cooking) after college.

And you know, I still believe in my principle #2.

It's true that an MBA will give me an edge when I am applying for a job...But I think that that's about it...an application passport. For a business undergraduate like me, MBA will just be a refresher course, and I think it's a waste. Darn, I worked my ass for three years of business majoring, why would I go back and study the same lessons? An undergraduate business degree is as good as an MBA, I'd say. I'd know just as much as an MBA graduate.

Ano ba kasing pinuputok ng buchi ko?

Ayokong mag-MBA (haha, wala namang pumipilit!). Sina-psych ko lang ang sarili ko. For me, I'd rather take another 'further study' like photography and cooking and graphic design. Mas makabuluhan na, sasaya pa ko.

;)

2 Comments:

Blogger kit.18.Filipino.Christian. said...

iskyus me. i think i know hu the anti-mba is.

1:37 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen.

6:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home