Saturday, January 05, 2008

Being a Chocolatier

People who know me well know that I love chocolates. This is actually an understatement. I get chills when I see, smell, hear, and eat good chocolate. I even get teary-eyed when I come across a really really really good piece of chocolate. I love chocolates.

Bata pa lang ako, I already know that I love chocolates. I won't drink a bottle of milk if it's not Sustagen...chocolate flavor. This explains the limpak-limpak Sustagen caps I have when I was a kid. For those who lived during the Susy and Geno era, you'll know that when you collect the canister caps, you can solicit those for a coloring book or a box of crayons or a shirt or another can of Sustagen, which for me is the best..haha!

I don't think there's a better flavor of everything than chocolate. Actually, flavors other than chocolate are non-existent. Pag hindi chocolate-flavored, hindi masarap yon.

I don't think there's a day that I missed eating a chocolate. Exaaag! Sige, rephrase. I think I can survive a day without chocolate. Two days, sige, okay pa ko. Pero yung third day, expect that I'll look for anything chocolate.

During cuaresma, I always abstain myself from chocolate. It's my sort of sacrifice. Ay mare believe me, it really is a sacrifice! 40 days na walang chocolate..KAMUSTA NAMAN YON! Pero I (almost) always survive...pero nanginginig na ko sa galit...hehe. The one time that I failed is cuaresma 2006. I was in school and doing my feasibility study when I got hungry. I didn't eat anything since breakfast. So I ran to an aristo-cart (yung mga maliliit na sari-sari store na nakakalat sa UP) and I instinctively bought 2 snack-sized Chips ahoy. I went back to my feasib, eating the chips ahoy away, when I suddenly said to myself "uy, grabe, ang sarap naman nitong kinakain ko. parang ang sarap ng chips ahoy ngayon...CHIPS AHOY?!?!" Naisip ko na lang yon nung nakakain na ko ng 3 cookies. Wala, nasira yung 40 days-chocolate-abstinence ko.

Recently, I have this weird thought of enrolling to this school. I guess I want to be a true-blue chocolatier (chills!). Hey, the idea's not bad...I may want to consider this in the future.

http://www.ecolechocolat.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home